-->

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 13, 2014

A Bride's Tribute






I did not believe it would happen,
And my journey on this plane,
Would be one of sorrow,
Loneliness and pain.

I believed that I would walk alone,
My heart and soul unfulfilled.
My life full of yearning
For love’s ecstatic thrill.

And then one day you came along.
I stood as if in a trance,
As you held your hand out to me –
“May I have this dance?”

As hands touched in music’s embrace
I knew that I’d come home.
My heart sighed with completion.
I was no longer alone.

I stood at the entrance and took a breath,
My soul and heart soared.
A tuxedo-clad arm steadied me,
As I walked slowly to my adored.

Step, stop, step, stop
Here finally was love.
I’d found my harbor, a safe place to rest,
Within a magic cove.

© 2014 Debra Shiveley Welch


No comments:

Post a Comment