-->

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Cheesecake Receives Fan Mail


Here is one of the emails I've received about Cedar Woman's Aztec Chocolate Cheesecake:
Thank you for your e-mail as I was HOPING to get in touch with you to say I LOVED Cedar Woman! I left a review on Amazon... AND... I made the Aztec Chocolate Cheesecake! WOW!!! It disappeared like magic when I shared it at work! :)

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful book with recipes! I have had requests for more cheesecake! When asked for the recipe, I directed my friends to your lovely story Cedar Woman! :) (It's why I like Diane Mott Davidson books - the recipes that WORK!!) 

Are you planning on more stores in this vein? I loved learning about the Lakota culture... the story was soooo beautiful! I hope you will write more with more recipes! :) 

Well... I just HAD to let you know that you touched my heart and my husband & friends' stomachs! :)

Sincerely yours,

Julie

Chocolaty and rich, with a kick of heat at the last, this cheesecake carries a mouthful of flavor. With each bite, the flavors and nuances of this delicious cake rise, like an elevator, on the palate. A great idea for that special someone on Valentine's Day.

  
Cedar Woman's Aztec Chocolate Cheesecake


12 oz. Semi Sweet Chocolate, finely chopped
1/3 cup Kahlua
1 Tablespoon water
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon Mexican cinnamon (you can substitute what it is in your pantry)
1 teaspoon cayenne
4 large eggs

Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 325   F. Lightly butter an 9-inch round spring form pan that is at least 2 inches deep.  In a heavy pot, melt the chocolate with the Kaluah, water and vanilla. When melted, remove from the heat and let stand until cool.  In a large mixing bowl,  using  a  handheld  electric  mixer  at  medium  speed,  beat  cream cheese until smooth.
Combine sugar with cinnamon and cayenne.  Add to cream cheese.  Add eggs, one at a time.  Beat in the cooled chocolate. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan.
Bake in the preheated oven until the top edges of the cheesecake are puffed and golden brown, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Let the cake cool in the pan for 30 minutes. Run a sharp knife around the inside of the pan to release the cheesecake from the sides (if they haven't already pulled away during the cooling process). Remove the sides of the spring form, cover the cake with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. Bring to room temperature before serving, or eat cold.  Makes 8 servings.
A little story: When my son was 13, he had to create an invention for the science fair at school. My husband was often gone for weeks at a time, and so I asked his teacher if a recipe would qualify. "Of course!" she assured, so we set about creating this amazing cheesecake.
It won a ribbon, and I got five offers of $50 a piece if I would make the cheesecake for various families at the science fair. Not bad for a school science fair project!
Other recipes can be found in:







No comments:

Post a Comment