-->

Search This Blog

Monday, March 21, 2016

Jennifer Loiske - Immortal Blood Series - Blood Master

Jennifer Loiske lives in Finland in Naantali, which is a small sunny town on the southwest coast. She is a Teen/YA paranormal fiction author, with four exciting series available
worldwide. The McLean Twins series for teen readers, the Immortal Blood series for mature young adult readers, the Blood Hunters series, also for mature young adults, which is a follow-up for the Immortal Blood series and is created by the readers’ requests, and the Shape Shifter series for anyone aged 16 and up. 
      Jennifer’s stories are full of creatures of the night. Vampires, demons, witches, shape shifters… but even if they are mostly fiction you can find a hint of truth in every story. Jennifer loves to research, so every time she gets an idea or a new story she has a crazy Google session, looking for places, old myths, names, folklore, magical items… anything that could spice up her story and make it more real for the readers. Jennifer is also part of Authors For Charity, an international author alliance, and a team member of Epilepsy FI magazine. She is a pre-school teacher by profession.


IMMORTAL BLOOD SERIES (For mature YA readers, NA)

Lucas (Book 2)

Excerpt:


Blood Master

A light, satisfied smile was playing on his lips as his eyes moved from man to man, woman to woman, as if he were a general inspecting his troops. All of them stared straight ahead, with their backs straight and eyes full of emptiness.
Finally, Jason let go of my shoulder and spoke. “Brothers. Sisters. Today is a day of joy. Today is the day when you will have a new sister. A sister that will continue Lucas’s work as my protégée.” He drilled his eyes into them and made sure everyone understood exactly what he was saying. When they lowered their heads murmuring ‘aye’, he continued. “Today is the day when Samantha Catherine Green will learn the true way to be a child of the darkness.”
I wanted to scream hell no, but I knew my only way to survive at his hands was at least to try to do whatever he wanted me to do and think about the consequences later.
“Bring me the servant,” said Jason.
Before I could react I saw someone leading a young girl towards us.
“No,” I breathed.
True, a second ago I had been prepared to do whatever it took to keep Jason happy, but I hadn’t known he would drag me into his devilish games this fast. I thought I had time to prepare and at least create a decent conspiracy against him. Maybe even write ‘Sam’s handbook of surviving the impossible’ or something like that, but forcing me into his cruel world this fast was just malicious. He’s Jason, a small voice said inside my head; what else did you expect? I gritted my teeth. I had no idea what I had expected but certainly not this.
I stared at the girl and shook my head. “No,” I breathed again, as I had a pretty good hunch about what would happen next.
Jason ignored me completely. “Colleen,” he said, his voice like a caress.
“My lord.” The girl curtseyed.
Jason took her hand and lifted it to his lips. His eyes were gleaming and I swore there was a hint of red in them. I couldn’t turn my eyes away from him. I wanted to. I did. But I just couldn’t.
Slowly, he turned her hand, revealing the pulsing veins on her soft wrist. “Here,” he said, turning his eyes to me and smiling slightly, “we drink straight from the vein.”
I felt my mouth get wet. Gross, I know, but I couldn’t help it.
“Here,” he said, revealing his fangs, “I am the master.” He sank his teeth softly into her wrist, not drinking, just making her blood flow. “Samantha.” His voice was pure velvet. “Drink with me.”
I swallowed and stared at the wrist. He moved it closer to me. My eyes widened and my mouth opened slightly. My fangs ached and without even noticing I touched her wrist.
The air around felt heavy but the girl didn’t seem to be afraid of us. On the contrary. She seemed eager and quite willing. I pressed my fingers to my lips and tasted the blood on them.
Jason’s eyes were on me. “Drink,” he urged gently.
But something in his eyes made warning bells ring in my head and I couldn’t make myself do it. I let my hand drop and took a step away from him. I almost waited for him to grab me and force me to drink, but instead he just smiled and pressed his lips to the girl’s wrist. His eyes never left me. Not even when his fangs pierced her flesh again and he drank the blood she so willingly offered.
I couldn’t look at him anymore so instead I looked at the people around us. They weren’t staring ahead anymore. They were staring at the girl before me and they looked hungry.
When Jason was done he licked the blood from his lips and quickly grabbed my hand, and before I knew it his hand was on my neck, pressing my mouth to the girl’s wrist.
“If you want to survive, you must drink now,” he whispered, so quietly I doubt anyone else heard him.
A sound, half cry, half sigh, escaped from my mouth. I knew he was right but I still couldn’t make myself do it.
He pressed his mouth to my ear. “You promised to obey me, did you not?”
I nodded.
“This,” he hissed, his breath hot on my face as he let his lips rest on my skin for a while, “is not obeying. Drink.”
I pressed my eyes closed. This is your life now. Suck it up, I ordered myself. An image of Dane flashed into my mind but I quickly pushed it away. Forcing my eyes open I turned my head slightly. He stared right into me. Tears stabbed the back of my eyes but I couldn’t give him the pleasure of seeing me cry. So I glared daggers at him and smiled scornfully.
“Yes, sire.”



 

Come back Monday for an excerpt from Deamon's Touch

No comments:

Post a Comment